“Lingual braces cosmetically acceptable and invisible orthodontics.”
Lingual braces are made of similar materials as traditional metal braces and self-ligating braces, but differ in that they are placed on the inside of the teeth to completely hide their presence. They are truly invisible braces. One popular brand of lingual braces is called Ibraces by 3M Unitek. Lingual braces cost more than traditional metal braces and treatment will take more time.
Lingual braces advantages:
- The main advantage is cosmetic, as lingual braces aren’t visible from the front which makes them an excellent option for patients who wish to avoid the highly-visible traditional braces.
- In addition to being completely invisible, your lingual braces will strengthen and realign your teeth in the same time frame as traditional braces.
- In many cases traditional braces aren’t suited to patients who play contact sports or certain wind instruments making Lingual braces the safest and most convenient option.
- Lingual braces can be used on patients of any age and are increasingly popular in older patients who want dental treatment without the orthodontic equipment interfering with their day to day life.
- Lingual braces can be a good alternative to patients who are sensitive to plastic and as such, can’t use any invisible braces made of it.